Editing Packages & Pricing
If you’re looking for a professionally trained editor who’s also a writer with years of experience working with a variety of authors—from bestsellers to those just starting out—you’ve come to the right place. In addition to having a certificate in editing from the University of Chicago, I have taught craft workshops for the Atlanta Writers Club and Wake up and Write. I’m also a regular contributor to Writer Unboxed, a Writer’s Digest Best Website for Writers.
My editing philosophy is simple: be accurate, be efficient, be kind. I believe it’s essential for editors to provide honest, constructive feedback and critique while being respectful and nurturing. That’s the promise I make to all my clients, and one I’ll make to you, too. Click or tap here to read some of what clients are saying about my work.
Now offering personalized book-coaching packages.
Email thewritersstation (@) gmail.com for more information.
Package pricing is based on full-length manuscripts between 65K and 80K words. Email me for package pricing on manuscripts over 80K or under 65K words. Flexible payment options are available. Click or tap here for more information on how to select the right type of editing for your manuscript.
PayPal, CashApp, Venmo, and all major credit cards accepted. Flexible payment options are available.
A la Carte Pricing
Substantive Editing: $.023 per word*
Style/Line Editing: $.018 per word
Copyediting: $.009 per word
Proofreading: $.006 per word
5 hours of Consultation/Coaching: $250
1-hour/2-hour Consultation/Coaching: $60/$110**
First & Second Page Critique & Edit: $35
*To determine total cost for word-based a la carte pricing, multiply total manuscript word count by price-per-word. Ex: style/line edit of a 80k-word manuscript would be 80,000 x .018=$1,440. Final price of all services will be determined after a sample review has been conducted and may vary based on the submitted manuscript. Flexible payment options are available.
- Please email me for package pricing on manuscripts over 80K or under 65K words or to discuss other package options (grace (@) thewritersstation.com)
- Platinum package includes three rounds of critique/editing: assessment with editorial letter, line & copyedits (same round), then proofreading
- Gold and silver packages include two rounds of critique/editing: assessment with editorial letter followed by line and/or copyedits
- Prices are based on standard manuscript formatting: double-spaced, 12 pt. font (250 words/page)
- All edits are done electronically in Microsoft Word using editing and comment functions
- **Hourly consultation rates are reduced for anyone who has purchased an additional service.
Email me today at grace (@) thewritersstation.com (remove parenthesis) for additional information on rates, packages, and how to get started with a sample edit. I’ll ask you some questions, have a look at a few pages of your manuscript, and help you determine the type of editing you’ll need. All edits are done electronically in Microsoft Word using editing and comment functions.
Click or tap here for more information on how to select
the right type of editing for your manuscript.
PayPal, CashApp, Venmo, and all major credit cards accepted.